Siomai or siomay are one kind of dim sum. In Mandarin, this food is called shaomai, while in Cantonese is called siu maai. This food is said have originated from Inner Mongolia. Now I will share siomay recipe “ala” Bandung indonesia.
- 500 grams of spanish mackarel fillet
- 100 gr sago flour
- 1 tsp ginger water
- 1/2 tsp pepper powder
- 1/2 tsp fine sugar
- 1 tsp sesame oil if desired
- 1 tbs roasted and dipped Ebi (to easily make it soft)
- salt to taste
- 250 gr fried peanut
- 3 cloves garlic fried
- 4 red finger-length chilies deseeded and fried
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Boiled water 400 ml
- Sweet soy sauce and lime to taste.
How to Make:
- Peanut sauce: Blend all ingredients in blender until smooth except sweet soy sauce and lime
- Siomay: Mix all ingredients to make a batter, stirring until blended and smooth, round it to taste.
- If desired, set aside some batter to wrap the boiled egg or tofu.
- Steam the siomay, boiled egg and tofu that was wraped with siomay batter in the steamer until cooked.
- You also can add the bittermelon (pare) or potato that was steamed to more taste sensation.
Oukey, enjoy cooking and goodluck :)