In Indonesia the name is Tahu, Tahu classified as old-fashioned food. Based on the literature of ancient China and Japan. Manufacture of tahu and soy milk was first introduced by LIU AN in the year 164BC. In Japan, commonly known as Tohu. Whereas in European countries and arround there, known as soybean curd, beancurd or tofu. Such as tempe, tahu is also known as the food of the people because it is cheap and accessible to all economic class.
HOW TO MAKE TAHU
- 1 ltr pure soy milk
- Boil the soy milk in a saucepan until boiling, after boiled, let stand for 5-7 minutes
- Add a additional ingredients to preserving and plumping, stir well(this step can be skip if we make tahu for personal consumption)
- strain the boiled soy milk using a thin cloth sieve until the water runs out and only the dregs are left alone.
- Put in a mold, then put the ballast that functions to press the dregs until the water content is completely discharged.
- remove tahu from the mold, cut to taste, and ready for use