Dawet Ayu Banjarnegara ice is a perfect dessert to drink in hot weather. Can be drunk hot or cold. For Moslem, very nice when this dessert is served in Ramadhan. Feel the freshness. That’s the privilege and uniqueness of this one traditional drink.
- 150 grams hunkwe flour (Sago Palm flour)
- 600 ml of water
- 2 pieces of pandan leaves for parfuming coconut milk
- 100 ml of water and suji pandan leaves.
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 500 grams of brown sugar, sliced
- ice suficiently
- Filter or dawet mold (You can make your own, prepare a piece of cloth and make the holes using nail or something)
- The basin
- Wooden spoon for stirring batter
Brown Sugar Sauce:
- 500 gr brown sugar / palm sugar (if it is less sweet Sugar can be added)- sliced and boiled
Coconut Milk gravy:
- 1000 ml of coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 pieces pandan leaves
How to Make Dawet Ayu Banjarnegara:
- Mixed Hunkwe flour, suji pandan leaves water, and salt, stir until hunkwie flour dissolves.
- Cook the flour mixture, stirring constantly until the mixture coagulates and mature.
- Prepare a basin of boiled water and mold cendol above covering the baskom. Pour a dawet batter little by little, press dawet batter slowly, until the batter out into the basin. Do it until the batter runs out.
- Boil sugar and water until sugar dissolves, remove from heat and strain. Set aside.
- Boil the coconut milk, salt and pandan leaves over low heat, stirring constantly until boiling. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Pour brown sugar sauce in a cup sufficiently, add dawet, coconut milk gravy, and ice.
Dawet Ayu Banjar Negara ice, ready to serve, You can add the pieces of jackfruit to make it more favors.