Pepes is the one of indonesian food that was spread throughout the land of Indonesia, especially in java island. Cooking methode using banana leaf as food wrappings and secured with small nail are made from central-rib of coconut leaf, maybe, easyly we call this nail a “lidi seumat”. Okey, I think no need to wasting time too long, on this occasion, I will share you about PEPES TAHU RECIPE (BEANCURD PEPES RECIPE).
- 500 grams beancurd, crushed to a smooth
- 1 leek, finely chopped
- 5 salam leaves (bay leaves)
- banana leaves for wrapping
Mashed spices that are:
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 shallot
- 2 pieces of red finger-length chilli
- 5 pieces of chilies (to taste)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
|ex. to secured using lidi seumat|
How to Make:
- Mix the beancurd that was been crushed with mashed spices. Stir until realy mixed with spices.
- Add sliced leeks, stir again until smooth, and then prepare a banana leaf.
- Wrap with banana leaves like a rice cake,and secured using “lidi seumat” (you can see image below), and then place bay leaf on each package of pepes tahu.
- Steam until cooked, approximately 30-45 minutes.