In Indonesia, this one called “Jamu Beras Kencur”. This herbal drink is made from rice and galingale. Combination of both generate great benefits, such as means: prevent colds, increase the appetite, prevent ulcers, helps relieve fatigue, improving menstrual cycle, remove phlegm and expectorant, relieves dizziness, nausea and bloating.
Ingredients for 7-8 cups:
- 200 grams of rice
- 100 ml of boiling water
- 50 grams galingale, clean
- 50 grams Ginger, clean
- 2 pieces of pandan leaves
- 1/2 tsp kelabet (Fenugreek)
- 10 pieces of cardamom
- 1/2 tsp Kemukus
- 300 grams of brown sugar
- 1500 ml of water
- salt suficiently
How to make Rice and Gelingale herbal drink:
- Clean the rice and drain. Roasted and then soak in boiling water for 2 hours.
- Roasted ginger and galingale, remove and set aside.
- Mix the soaked rice, ginger and galingale that have been toasted, kelabet, cardamom,kemukus and a little salt. Blend it.
- Boil sugar and pandan in a water together until sugar dissolves and boil to make a sugar water.
- Mix the gelingale rice with sugar water, stir well and strain. Can be serve warm or cold.